(this is the word I have in my scrapbook room - it really does motivate and inspire me)
This list isn't in any particular order. And I feel as though I should have, The Temple or Scripture reading here, but I think those go under spiritual fulfillment for me - even though my above definition kind of defines motivation as just that. Hey, I never claimed to make sense. I would also agree that the two do cross over. This list is just "little stuff" on a day to day basis that gives me snippets of joy and a will to press on.
1. Sincere or unexpected compliments or praise from hubby, friends and/or family (ok, let's face it... even total strangers).
2. Working on creative projects. I need to take more time and make this a priority. It totally recharges my battery. I think my creative battery is running on empty these days.
3. The Sunshine. I'm also lumping in "bright, vibrant colors" here because when the sun is shining colors are MORE bright and vibrant.
4. Being with my family (especiallywhen everyone is happy and positive and getting along -- yes, occasionally it does happen).
5. Clean, organized house (Cleanliness is next to Godliness. I firmly believe this.)
6. Running - this is most of the time. I can't ever say I am dying to go out and run. It's really hard to get out there, but once I'm there, it's the place I want to be. I feel like running is a huge blessing. Endorphins aren't anything to bark at either. And it helps if I'm already in a pretty decent frame of mind to begin with. Running is really a double edged sword. But I'm going to count it here as "motivating", even though the motivation usually comes afterward or at least after I'm well into the run.