Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Only 178 days left!


So somehow (surprise, surprise) I never got the pictures of the the first day of school posted. I get the bad mom award for that. But even more shocking, on Kelsi and Afton's actual first day, in the predawn hours, before seminary, and after my big long lecture on being on time, I went to grab my camera as they were running down the hall to the car, and realized the battery was dead. I grabbed my spare battery. It was dead. I grabbed my "point and shoot" and the battery was missing, and I still hadn't unpacked all my bags from girls camp where the other battery for the p&s was. So, kicking myself, I let them go away into their first day of the 2009-2010 school year, and Afton's first day of High School AND Seminary. My tail was hanging down, my ears were droopy, having missed a day, never to be retrieved or lived over again. But you can bet, I got to charging my batteries pronto. And here is their picture on the SECOND day of the 2009-2010 school year and Afton's SECOND day of High School and Seminary. I guess in the long run no one will really care when exactly the picture was taken.

Luckily Brady didn't start school until 2 days later. I made sure to get a shot of him on his FIRST day of the 6th grade.

(hmmmm, I just dawned on me, I distinctly remember my first day of 6th grade - Whew! I'm glad my kids are more normal than I was. Laugh!)

Aren't they all just so cute?


3 comments:

Shannon B said...

YES, they ARE SOOOO cute!!! 2nd day is just as good as the 1st, I say!

Dianne said...

I agree - - any picture is better than NO picture, and 2nd day is awesome. They ARE sooooooo cute, and I miss their shiny faces, and I'm in awe that Brady is in 6th grade. How/when is that possible?
Gadz.

Kristen said...

They are the cutest EVER! I got pictures but never posted them--maybe soon--??