Monday, March 5, 2012

It's the Little Things



I know Brad thinks he is overworked and under appreciated. This is probably true, but I'm posting this because I want him to know that I AM noticing AND appreciating the little things he does for me.

Monday is Laundry day. It's also running day. This morning I was changing into my running gear and trying to sort laundry to get a batch in before I left.  He hopped up and said, "I'll do that, you go run." and then he pushed me out the door. When I got back, the laundry was all sorted and one batch was already done! Sweet...


The other thing that he's been doing for me is switching my shower towel.  We've always had the dilemma about only having one towel rack near our shower. This presents a problem if we are both showering within a short amount of time of each other.  Drying off with a cold, damp towel is not fun.  So finally, after washing one too many towels that wasn't really dirty (used once and then discarded because it was wet) I decided to put a hook on the wall next to the shower for another towel. This was adequate in my book but he took it a step further.  He went out and bought his "own" towels (tan, as opposed to our regular white) that way we wouldn't have to figure out which was the dry one when we were ready to use it.  So I know you're thinking - "this sounds like it's as much for him as it is for you Stef". Well true, but it just started to dawn on me today as I reached for the closest towel and realized it was mine and it was dry.  Not only does he use his own towel but he replaces it with mine, in the spot that is the easiest to reach from the shower. I think he's been doing this for days. My bad, for taking so long to notice. What a thoughty guy.  I kind of like him.  I think I'll keep him.

9 comments:

Annette said...

So cute! I love the little things. I should probably make mention of those to my hubby once in a while too.

Jennifer Miller said...

Sweet guy!

Shannon B said...

Lots of times I love the little things MORE than the big things. It shows how much they think of you and show they care! WTG Brad!!

Jeanette Millward said...

Yep... He's a keeper. He gave a great talk in our ward on Sunday. We also like Brad because he gave us a box of Red River cereal, which my kids LOVE (I do too). My 6-year-old, Seth, practically licks the bowl clean when he has it for breakfast. Go Brad!

Kristen said...

Brad is AWESOME!

karensumpter said...

sweet

Carolina said...

Brad is a great wife, but he has the greatest wife!!!!!!!

Carolina said...

ok clearly I am beyond tired! Here it goes again... Brad is a great guy, but he has the greatest wife!!!!!

Jonathon and Sarah said...

This is so sweet. It takes effort to notice small things, and I am so glad you did. Yay, Brad!