Thursday, October 1, 2009

Don't call us... We'll call you. NOT!

(this is a scrapbook page I did about my phone)

Today is Oct. 1st. I am looking forward to a day of peace and quiet. On Sept. 1st, I signed up at the "Do Not Call" list. The website said to give it 30 days and then any solicitor or telemarketer who calls after that date can be reported and fined. I don't know if I plan on reporting anyone, but I do hope it keeps the calls down.

As we all know these types of calls usually come at meal times or in the evening around 8pm. Sometimes I'll get 3 or 4 right in a row (usually while I am eating). Annoying!! I usually don't answer if our caller ID says any of the following... "Number Available" "Out of Area" or shows any number beginning with 888 or 866 (or pretty much any number that isn't an 831 or 408 number). I say good riddance.

If you want to go do this for yourself, go to www.donotcall.gov. It's easy! Why didn't I do this a long time ago?

2 comments:

Carolina said...

I must get on that list!!!!

Shannon B said...

i did it too...like the week we moved in because the DAY our phone got hooked up, it started!!! AGGH! i think my 30 days are up too!!! YAY for do not call!!!!!!